Historic Terrell Hall Rehabilitation
Historic Terrell Hall has held a prominent place on the front campus of Georgia College since its construction in 1908. Because of our preservation expertise, Garbutt Construction Company was selected to perform a complete historic rehabilitation of the building. The project exemplifies the challenge of altering historic buildings to meet current academic needs. . Work began on the exterior of Terrell Hall with the addition of balustrades across the front as they were originally on the building. Tuck pointing was done around the entire exterior, and any inappropriate modernizations made were removed. The rear entrance was modified to meet ADA accessibility requirements. New mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems, as well as an elevator, were thoughtfully incorporated into the building with sensitivity to the historic fabric. The rehabilitation upgraded the quality and usability of the grand old structure. Terrell Hall, which originally served as a dormitory, now houses offices and support facilities for the many units of the university’s Mass Communications Department.
• Milledgeville, Georgia
• CM at-Risk
• 31,000 sf